Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Federal Disaster Area

The Sunday and Monday of Thanksgiving week I testified in Atlanta in a hearing for a client; Thanksgiving rounded out a large part of the remainder of the week; and Monday and Tuesday of this week I attended continuing education classes with most of my staff. Today I am struggling with computer updates stemming from QuickBooks issues. As a result, I am really far behind and my desk shows it.

President Obama has declared my desk a federal disaster area; low interest government loans are available to clear out the detritus.

The only way to attack such a pile-up is to have a game plan. I am big on goal setting and carry a Performance Planner with me wherever I go. I have set out a detailed plan to catch up. First, I have to get QuickBooks functional. That is the fly in the ointment. I don’t know how long it will take. Once QBs is working, I’ll work late and this weekend getting the paper moved.

Wish me well. When I get a serious, determined look to my eyes, look out. I am on a mission. As God is my witness, I will get all projects up to date and make additional progress on projects that need results.

And I smile while I work, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment