Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sacrifice

There is a price that must be paid when employed as an accountant. Tax season, and the resulting long workdays, leaves little time for family and even less time for writing.

Family comes first. I work to support my family. Without family I would live in a sheltered hole, content; never to be seen again.

The amount of spare time available to write is so limited I skip writing most days. I also rush my work and publish my blogs and article without the proper review. Later, I fix any issues in article (blog posts are on their own).

I love my work and plan on doing it a long time. For three or so months a year I sacrifice. Nothing serious. Now I have the opportunity to help a lot of people rapid-fire. I still write, and try to produce at least a few short publishable articles each weekend.

I miss writing each night after Sue and the girls go to bed. Most nights I am too tired to produce any quality. Still, it is such a thrill to get a few articles or a short story out on the weekend.

The 40 hour work week is preferable. For 12 -14 weeks each spring I practice the right of the “marathon run.” It keeps me honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment