Wednesday, July 15, 2009

IRS, tax humor

The IRS is more than frustrating. Today, Jeff and I had a phone conference with Revenue. The call had two of their attorneys, our client's attorney, Jeff, and me.

We spent a half hour debating what would be the best time to schedule another phone conference. Zero issues were covered or even mentioned. Let me be clear: The IRS needed a conference call, attorneys and all, to set another phone conference. Got it.

I know how to balance the federal budget. Just stop all the stupidity. We could all get a nice tax cut and balance the budget if this kind of waste was ended.

Don't count on it. It has been this way as long as I've been in the field and I started in the mid-80's.

Considering IRS foolishness, I had a productive day (outside the conference call). I can see a sliver on glass poking through my desk top.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment