Friday, July 10, 2009

WDOR New Computer

The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (WDOR) installed a new computer system a while back. This new system brings them solid into the Twentieth Century. Yes, you read that right.

Here is the problem: The IRS shares information with WDOR. Things that have been laying around at WDOR from the IRS are now first getting entered and the information is incomplete. It should come as no surprise the errors favor WDOR in every case I've seen in the last few months.

The workload to find the missing number from tax return filed six or seven years ago is daunting and time consuming. I have six of these dogs begging for my attention behind my desk.

The good news: I have job security in any economic environment.

What about statute of limitations you ask. WDOR considers the information in stat if they receive it prior to the four year limitation. I guess we just have to trust the government at their word. They have no incentive to lie, do they?

Until then, I have work to do. I have six files that WDOR screwed up and I must fund the missing number.

On a pleasant note: It is Friday. Have a good weekend. I've been invited to a garden walk tomorrow and my parents are hosting a family reunion Sunday. I'll show up if I know what is good for me. I know somebody that will be working the evening shift Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment