Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tax School

Tax professionals, CPA's and enrolled agents (EA), are required to take continuing education every year to retain their designation. CPA's need forty credit hours and EA's twenty four.

The difference between a CPA and EA is that CPA's are accounting professionals that may focus on taxes; an EA is a tax professional only. Each designation requires an initial examination that about 30% pass to get licensed.

In my office all CPA's and EA's take more than the minimum required continuing education. We deal with clients entire income and our experience can save said client thousands per year.

Mistakes, even with our high level of commitment, still happen. Sometimes it is a tax law change or interpretation of a section of code. Regardless, our commitment is daily, our research unending, and education ongoing.

I just thought you would like to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment